Monday, March 14, 2011

"Anything Goes" Review

This is a review from The Broadway Critic Blog, written by Spencer Williams. I love Sutton Foster, so I decided to post this! But be sure you know I do not own this. I did not write this.


11MA
"Anything Goes, Roundabout Theatre Company’s newest revival, is absolutely de-lovely.
It’s delightful.
It’s delicious in every respect.
Not only is it one of the best revivals I have seen in recent years, it’s one of the best shows that I’ve seen on Broadway in a long time. While other Broadway shows are trying to push the envelope, Anything Goes ends up being good-ole fashioned musical theatre fun. It doesn’t need to be technically over-produced like Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark, or pushing the limits on subject matter like in Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s musical, The Book of Mormon because Anything Goes is a classic....
Now to talk about the formidable Sutton Foster. Let’s just say this: if she doesn’t win the Tony Award for this portrayal of Reno Sweeney, I’m going to be flabbergasted. She sings it better than I’ve ever heard before (her belting was sublime), dances it with ease and finds nuance in the script that no one ever knew was there. As Lord Oakleigh would say, “She is the dog’s pajamas.” She is one of the few actors on the Broadway stage that is a true triple threat. She is a becoming a true Broadway legend....."
To check out the rest of this review of Anything Goes, click The Broadway Critic Blog.
Toodli-doo-da!!!
P.S. Again, I did NOT write any of this. This is all the work of Spencer Williams, from The Broadway Critic Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...