Sunday, December 26, 2010

there's 2 kinds of hope!


The other night my two friends and I (we call ourselves the Sitter Sisters) baby-sat at a Christmas party. We were in the basement either watching over the million little kids, drawing with them, avoiding pillow fights, fixing the pinball machine, and making sure everyone grabbed a Santa napkin before they reached for the cookie platter.
Many times they were asked to run upstairs and sing. We stayed downstairs most of the time to clean up. One time, though, after they were called up, I was cleaning up a Hawaiian punch spill when I heard the most beautiful voice. It was operatic and confident. I raced upstairs to investigate.
A blonde-haired women was standing in front of many watchful eyes, singing a Christmas tune so wonderfully. Four little girls stood before her, dancing along. Someone beside me was talking about her, and I heard something like, "She was on Broadway, you know." I was too excited!
After her little performance, I went up to her and asked if she was on Broadway. Sure enough, she was! I told her of my dreams, and she gave me inspiration. "Other people in this room have, and you can too." "All you have to do is keep trying."
Her name is Hope Harris. I am so glad I met her. I'm inspired to never stop!


Never give up Hope! (Notice the pun there?)
Toodleydoo!

P.S. The link on her name is kind of misleading. Her songs on the site are very country-ish, but the voice I heard was soprano and bold. Oh well, still amazing! Oh and the pic was on Facebook.

2 comments:

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...