Thursday, December 30, 2010

my character analysis!


This is my idea of a character analysis paper. It's so much fun doing these! I copied and pasted from the document... Seriously, read it! It's not as boring as it looks! :)


"Centipede" of James & the Giant Peach


As a centipede, I have a lot of legs. Each one has a beautifully polished boot stuck on top. I tell people I have 100, but that obnoxious earthworm knows the truth that I only have 42. (That does NOT mean she needs to go blurting it to the world!)

I met that beast when I stumbled upon the giant peach one dark night. The minute we laid eyes on each other, we realized we were not going to be friends.

Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by thoughts of Earthworm... What do I look like? Well, I look like a centipede. 100 legs poke out of my sides, 50 each; and my bright red boots compliment my colorful complexion.

I am a pest. I strive to get my way. My purpose in life is to torment farmers, teenagers, and anyone else I come upon. I am- I must admit, hesitatingly- blind as Earthworm when it comes to the way I treat others. It does bother me sometimes, but I can't help it! Interrupting, annoying, and being the center of attention is just in my nature as a "loathsome pest." (Those are Earthworm's words, not mine.)

Born in an underground town called St. Soilville, my parents- and the city- died tragically of a giant mole attack. I, Centipede Gulliver Jones, am the only survivor of that devastating event.

Now, I've said enough about Earthworm. What about my other new... uhhh... acquaintances I met on my adventure on the Peach.

I do respect the Old Green Grasshopper. She does play such beautiful music! But, Ladybug bothers me... way too polite! Spider can get a tad bit too dramatic about her father. Caterpillar and Ant are decent, I guess. Silkworm actually does make some marvelous clothes, but she whines a little too much. Glow-worm's light is quite useful, if he tried turning it on once in a while.

Overall, they're all pretty good. Not Earthworm, though. She disgusts me. (Secretly, though, I do like her. She has beautiful skin, and isn't afraid to speak her mind!) But she still disgusts me.

On the trip across the ocean, I was feeling so many emotions. I was feeling terrified of sharks, cloud-men, and falling. I was feeling exhausted after all that chewing of string they made me do. (But it was for a good cause, so I didn't stand up against it.) I was feeling pesty, as always. I was feeling satisfied, for that peach gave me all the delicious food I wanted. I was feeling in control and outspoken, which I love.

This journey has taught me even more about myself! It got me to realize that I needed to become less of a pest. And that became my Welcome-to-America-Resolution. This resolution brought me to my first job: the Vice-President-in-Charge-of-Sales of a high-class boot and shoe manufacturer.

I stuck to my resolution until after I got the job. Then it was complete pest mode for me!


Enjoyed? Picture: Flickr. Don't forget... comment and follow!


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...