Saturday, October 2, 2010

the trial of goldilocks!

hey everyone!

          So today I wanted to talk about a play I will be in later this October... the Trial of Goldilocks! It is so cute! We have done several read-throughs and on Monday we have auditions. I am auditioning for Goldilocks, but my second choice is the judge. I am trying out for Goldilocks because- first of all- I can see myself having a LOT of fun being her character! One minute she's saying dramatically, "Oh, woe is me, woe is me!" the next she's a snooty little brat that only thinks of herself, and then suddenly she is sweet and innocent, like the Goldilocks we all know. Her ever-changing personality is something I feel would be bunches of fun to act out! 



          The judge is my second choice because his/her character would be portrayed as kind of dumb and not in touch with the world. Like if the defense lawyer would say "She is an innocent girl," the judge would look around quizzically and ask, "Who is a hairy squirrel?" And, who doesn't want to pound a gravel on a podium? I know I do.



          Other characters in this twist on a well-known fairy tale include... the Court Clerk (who happens to be my third choice), Prosecuting Attorney, Defense Lawyer, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Baby Bear, Three Vendors, The Jury, Animals, and Policemen. All characters would be a huge joy to play!



         If you're wondering what the play is about... well, it is a spin off on "Goldilocks and the Three Bears!" It tells the story you all know from many points of view, each time twisting Goldilock's personality. As my drama teacher says- she is also the director- it is over dramatized, meaning if you aren't willing to put yourself out there and sometimes be weird, then this play is not for you. Everything is overdone and the whole script is a rhyme! There is a musical version, but we will not be performing that. I'm so excited and I will post about my part as soon as the cast list is posted!

Cased Closed! Toodles for now!


P.S. These pictures were found on:

http://musicboxint.com/goldilocks.htm
http://www.paynesvillearea.com/news/headlinesarticles/archives/061604/0616summertheater.html
http://www.playscripts.com/play.php3?playid=258

2 comments:

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...