Saturday, September 18, 2010

Broadway Costumes!

       Hey everyone!
 Today i wanted to post a little something about costumes! I'm at my friend's house right now, so I can't get any of my costume pictures, but I found some online to use that we can talk about!


"Shrek the Musical"
            
             On the very left we have big old green Shrek. His lime-colored skin is just amazingly done! Now my question is... is it make-up? Or is it like a mask that covers his whole body? If anyone knows, that would be a great thing to tell me! Also about Shrek, his outfit! If you look back at the movie, you'll really realize that they did the costumes for this Broadway musical very corresponding to the ones in the movie. Except of course, these are more detailed- considering it's not a cartoon. His bark-seeming vest has the perfect texture and color to match the wheat sweater and the red plaid pants. 
           And now we have Donkey in the middle with his big bunny looking ears and his gray outfit. In this picture you can't see his costume too much, so try looking online if you're interested in seeing the rest! Last but not least we have Fiona! Her emerald dress has amazing texture on it which looks great with her bright red braid and tiara! Her makeup is done just right, with the blush and lipstick. 







"The Lion King"

            Wow. Just look at him. His lion head dress, his tweed-textured clothing, his diamond shaped paint on his neck, and gold cuff bracelets are awesome! Also if you check out other pictures of the Lion King you will find some more great costumes! I would say more, but I think this picture says it all!




"Thoroughly Modern Millie"

                Millie! One of my favorite characters out of any show. I looked up some Millie pictures, but some I didn't think were very Milie-ish. Some were like red hair, hot pink dressed, and too much jewelry! But this- this is perfect. Starting with the hair... Short dark brown hair with bangs. Wouldn't you imagine her having that? I know I would. And since the show is set back in the 1920's, it was very stylish back then to have a bob haircut. Now on to the dress! It's amazing! Ruby red to match her lipstick with sparkles and a big pouf at the bottom! I love that! And the halter really fits her personality- in my opinion. You can't see her shoes too much- but what I guess is that they are pink and shiny high heels with a band to support her feet. The whole outfit ties together so well!








"The Little Mermaid"

                Ariel! This picture is just adorable. It really makes her character shine. The sparkly blue tail peeks out above her beautifully! Her flowing orange hair rests gently on her shoulders and splashes all around her. Her lipstick color is perfect with hints of red, orange, and pink! And I love her little "hair brush." This costume and set is just so amazing and it really sums up her character! 


Well that about finishes up today's post. Please note that these photos are not mine. They were found on....

http://livedesignonline.com/theatre/shrek_costumes_sets_0209/
http://www.backstage.com/bso/news-and-features-news/lion-king-costumes-headed-to-smithsonian-1004016179.story
http://www.broadwayspace.com/group/suttonlfoster
http://gothamist.com/2007/08/28/mermaid.php


Thanks to these sites and photographers for these incredible pictures!
Toodli-doo!

1 comment:

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...