Friday, November 26, 2010

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened!"

         
          Right now I am sitting in front of the warm fire- that I started!- reading my book, sipping some hot chocolate, and typing to you! It is the last day today. Today we walked to the Inn for lunch and my dad and I took lots of pictures (coming soon to the blog!). Although it was freezing, I seemed to forget that as I walked around the most beautiful place on Earth. I missed tea time today, so I created my own. The Inn's lobby has four fireplaces, and at tea time they serve iced tea, hot tea, coffee, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and sometimes pound cake! So, I grabbed some of my leftover Halloween candy that I had taken over here, boiled some water, created this nice fire, and grabbed my book and a laptop!
          I'm really upset that I'll be leaving tomorrow morning, but it has been so much fun! I can't wait to show you the amazing pictures. Did you know that the Inn burned down in the 1920's? Also, it holds the world's largest Frasier fir tree! And I know I talked a lot about the Inn, but there's even more to this place! In the backyard of this house (my cousin's vacation home) is a dock with a lake. Across the street is a cemetery, and the Thorpe Path, which goes through the woods and leads to the Inn. There's a gem mining place, a little town for boutique shopping, and rock climbing! It's amazing!
          Pictures are on the way. I wish I had brought the cord here...

Toodles for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...