Wednesday, November 24, 2010

somewhere over the rainbow...

          
          Well, turns out I can post here. I will try to post pictures, but I might not get to that till I am home. I've gotten some great shots! This place inspires me... I love it. I come here a lot, and each and every time is amazing!
          Today I met my new baby cousin, Grace. She is so cute and was born in June. In fact, she's in front of me right now. I love her so much already. Tomorrow I'm meeting my grandma's new fiance. Two new family members!
          There is an Inn here. A rustic, amazing, full of surprises Inn. You don't have to stay there to go there. There's a golf course, a lawn overlooking an amazing rock mountain, cafe, shop, and more. Inside the Inn is a huge lobby full of warm fireplaces and nice places to sit and read at tea&cookies time.
            Upstairs where the rooms are there are some "secret" places my cousin (and family best friend) and I like to hide... like fire escapes and hidden rooms.
            Porches surround the building, full of red rocking chairs and a Ping Pong table. There's a waterfall next to Solitude Cove. Trails go around the woods and up mountains. Off the golf course, there's tennis courts and a beautiful garden. Every year we have a delicious picnic next to the garden on the last day, remembering all our memories of the trip, and looking forward to making more next year.

          If anyone's taken the time to read this, Happy Thanksgiving!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so pretty! I wish I was somewhere else, but at least I get to see my cousins!!!

    Smile
    Lifeincolorblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is absolutely amazing. miss you much! have a happy happy happy thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete

questions? compliments? ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...